Hello there lovely reader! Today it’s time for my december wrap up. So I’ll be talking about all the books I read in December and some statistics. I managed to read 10 books in December, which I’m really happy about! Let’s get into the statistics.
Those 10 books were a total of 3558 pages, or in other words the average page count for a book I read in December was 356. That also means I read 115 pages per day, which is a lot honestly! The average rating I gave out in December was 8.2 out of 10 which is quite high for me, it’s my highest monthly average rating this year (together with February). So it was quite a good reading month quality wise!
Format wise I read five physical books and listened to five audiobooks. All of the audiobooks I listened to via Storytel and for the physical books three of those were books I bought myself and two were from the library.
And then lastly for the genres I read: four contemporaries, two fantasies, one thriller, one dark academie, one poetry collection and one science fiction. For the targeted audience I read one middle grade, five young adults and four adults.
Now it’s time to list all the books I read in December, which rating I gave them (out of 10) and if I have a review for that book, it will also be linked here!
- Leave The World Behind by Rumaan Alam – 9
- A Heart So Fierce and Broken by Brigid Kemmerer – 8
- The Winter of the Witch by Katherine Arden – 8.5 – review online 10-02
- The Furies by Katie Lowe – 8
- More to the Story by Hena Khan – 8.5
- The Black Unicorn by Audre Lorde – 7.5
- In At The Deep End by Katie Davies – 8.5 – review online 14-07
- Punching the air by Ibi Zoboi and Yusef Salaam – 8
- Obsidio by Jay Kristoff and Amy Kaufman – 7.5 – review online 10-02
- Clean by Juno Dawson – 8
My favourite read of the month was Leave The World Behind by Rumaan Alam. However I don’t think it will end up on my favourites of the year list (which might be my next blog post, who knows hehe), because I read other books in other months that I enjoyed more. So even though I didn’t read any new favourites, I still had such a good reading month quality wise, so I’m really happy with that!
I can’t wait to see what my reading in 2021 will bring!