Hello there! In today’s blog post we’ll go through all of my April reading statistics. I love keeping track of some random things, so I’ll be talking about those! And then at the end I’ll list all of the books I read and which rating I gave them.
April was my best reading month ever, thank you quarantine. I managed to finish 15 books, and I’m a little over half way in another book. That means that I have read a total of 5.457 pages in April, that’s crazy to me! The average lenght of a book that I’ve read in April was 354 pages. The average rating of my April reads is 8, so I guess you could say I had a pretty great reading month both quantity and quality wise.
I also read a very wide variety of genres this month. I read 1 horror novel, 1 romance novel, 1 non-fiction book, 2 mystery-thrillers, 3 poetry collections, 3 dystopians and 3 contemporaries. Out of all of the books I’ve read 10 were YA books and 5 were written for adults. For the format of the book I read 6 physical books, 5 books via e-book and 4 books were audiobooks.
Now let’s have a look at my April TBR and see how many of those books I’ve managed to read. I had 12 books on my April TBR and managed to read 9 of those. I was also participating in two readathons in April. The Kill Your TBR Readathon for which I managed to fulfill 7 out of the 8 prompts and the O.W.L.s readathon for which I fulfilled all of my prompts! However, I did switch some of the books on those TBRs for other books.
And it is the end of this blog post where I list all of the books I read in April, which rating (out of 10) I gave those books, and if I have a review for the book, it’ll also be linked here. To find out what the books are about, click on the title and you’ll be redirected to Goodreads.
- Murdertrending by Gretchen McNeill – 9
- Love Looks Pretty on You by Lang Leav – 5,5
- Scythe by Neal Shusterman – 10 – review
- Thunderhead by Neal Shusterman – 10 – review
- Verity by Colleen Hoover – 8,5
- The Toll by Neal Shusterman – 10 – review
- The Anti-Virginity Pact by Katie Wismer – 7,5 – review
- Until it Fades by K.A. Tucker – 6
- Invisible Women by Caroline Criado Perez – 7,5
- The Guest List by Lucy Folley – 7 – review
- Anna K. by Jenny Lee – 8 – review
- She Must Be Mad by Charlie Cox – 8 – review
- Watch Us Rise by Renée Watson and Ellen Hagan – 4,5 – review
- Validate Me by Charlie Cox – 8,5 – review
- The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden – 10 – review
My favourite audiobook of the month was Validate Me by Charlie Cox. My favourite physical (also counting e-books) reads were The Arc of a Scythe trilogy by Neal Shusterman and The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden. The Arc of a Scythe is now one of my favourite series and The Bear and the Nightingale definitely has a chance to become one of my favourite series as well, once I finish it of course. I predict that both of those series will be on my favourites of 2020 list.
How many books did you manage to read in April and which was your favourite?