Hello lovely reader! In this blog post I will listing all of the books I’m planning on reading in May. I will also be listing all of the books (and prompts) I hope to read for the Cosy Readathon hosted by Alissa from alissasbooktopia and Hadewych from thereaderinpink. The readathon did start two days ago and goes on until May 11th. However, I didn’t want to make two seperate posts because that would be too repetitive. Enjoy my TBR!
We’ll start with The Cosy Readathon because these will be the books I read first. I am doubling up on prompts just to make sure I’ll get to all of the prompts. Next to that I’m (sometimes) also being very creative with my answers…
1. Snuggle up in a blanket (read a contemporary): Only Mostly Devasted by Sophie Gonzales
This book just sounds so cute and I’ve seen so many people love it, so I can’t wait to dive in!
2. Burn a candle (read a book with a red or orange on the cover): The Strange Case of the Alchemist’s Daughter by Theodora Goss
The author’s name is written in orange and some of the doodles are orange so it counts!
3. Drink a cup of coffee or tea (read a book that will make you feel warm): Only Mostly Devasted by Sophie Gonzales
That is a super cute contemporary so it will definitely make me feel warm!
4. Reading past your bedtime (read an entire book during the evening): Short Stories from Hogwarts by J.K. Rowling
This ebook has a grand total of 71 pages, so I’ll think I’ll be able to even read it in one sitting (during the evening).
5. Go stargazing (go to your TBR and choose a random book): The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden
I’m adding a fantasy book in here in the hopes that I’ll get back into fantasy because I have a ton of fantasy books on my TBR that I really want to read.
6. Watch a movie (read a movie adaptation): Short Stories from Hogwarts by J.K. Rowling
I’m being very creative… I didn’t have a movie adaption on my TBR, so I decided to go with this book since Hogwarts was in 8 movie adaptations, so I think it counts, okay.
7. Play your favourite song (listen to an audiobook)
I’m planning on listening to two audiobooks for this readathon: The Strange Case of the Alchemist’s Daughter and A Study in Charlotte. So both can count for this prompt.
8. Eat a snack (read a book from your favourite genre)
Both Short Stories from Hogwarts and The Bear and the Nightingale could work for this prompt, they are both fantasy and that’s my favourite genre. Even though I’m in a fantasy slump at the moment.
9. Look to some fun memories (read the group book): A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro
This book has been on my TBR for over three years now, so I’m excited to finally get to it!
Now I have three more books on my TBR for May. I definitely think I’ll be able to read more than 3 books in the second half of May, but I think my mood also deserves to choose some books to this month. The three books left on my TBR are on here because I received a review copy and I want to read those books this month.
1. A Violet Fire by Kelsey Quick
2. The Bethroted by Kiera Cass
3. The Vinyl Underground by Rob Rufus
That’s everything for my May TBR. Eight books should be very doable for me, however my exams are coming closer and I want to read around five of those in the first eleven days. So we’ll see how it goes in my May 2020 Wrap Up!
What do you want to read this May? Are you participating in the Cosy Readathon?